Friday, January 14, 2011

MOPS...HI/LOW...10 Years

Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) started again today.  The small group I lead has two new members and I'm looking forward to the semester, I've had such a great group this year!

In our small group time we did HI/LOW from the holiday break.  I shared that my high was our 10th anniversary and that my low was slicing my leg open and needing a tetanus shot.

On January 6, 2011, I woke up a been-married for-10-years-woman!

Will played music from our wedding reception by Fleming and John and then throughout the day he gave me 10 gifts from flowers to a vacation we're planning early next fall.  We went to dinner at Carmelos and had a wonderfully peaceful evening and enjoyed delicious food.  Carmelos is the same restaurant Will took me 10.5 years ago on the night he proposed.

Today at MOPS we discussed love languages in our small group and how some of us have experienced a change in how we recieve love since having children.  I was not the only one who has shifted towards Words of Affirmation as my main love language and how I prefer Will to communicate/show love to me.

In celebration of our 10th year of marriage, Will is writing me lots of notes and I am enjoying it A LOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment