Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11

I'm so thankful for my friend Linda who turned me on to Daily Audio Bible.  I just listened to today's scriptures from Genesis, Psalms, Proverbs and Matthew.  I'm excited to hear the entire Bible read to me this year!!!

I've learned that it's easier for me to listen to the Bible being read to me as I get ready in the morning than it is to focus my tired eyes on print.  The Daily Audio Bible works for me and it always feels good to find something that works.

-----

A couple of months ago Will led us into a great morning routine where he gives me from 7-8am to get ready and spend time with God.  We are still working ourselves into the plan because on some glorious mornings the kids sleep in...and so do we!  The plan is that during that 7-8am time frame Will feeds the kids breakfast, unloads the dishwasher (Ado does the silverware) and Will oversees Adriaan loading the washing machine and they start a load of laundry for me to finish later in the afternoon.

I have noticed a huge difference in my level of encouragement throughout the day when I am able to start the day with God.  Not surprising, I know.  I notice a marked difference on the days when I skip this time and that motivates me to be faithful and consistent.  I want to be the kind of mom for my kids that I could only possibly be with God's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment