Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Is today when you give your hair to a little girl?"

At my last hair cut, six months ago, I was ready to chop it all off and donate it to Locks of Love.  Sadly, I only had 8 inches and needed at least 10 inches.  So, I got a trim and decided to stick it out because I had come so close to the required length.  For my birthday, several friends contributed to a gift card at Bradz Salon and that's where I went today for a major hair cut!  I could have taken off 12 inches but chose to keep as much length as possible.  It feels great to have short hair again!!!

I gave the stylist a lot of freedom to do what she thought would look best.  I did give her two very important parameters to work within:
1.  I am a low maintenence girl and am not willing to use any kind of heat to style my hair.
2.  I will not come back in the recommended 8 week time frame for my next hair cut, so please do something that will grow out and look okay for the next 4-6 months.

She was great and I'm happy with the result!
If you're looking for a stylist in Austin, I recommend Amanda at Bradz on 35th street.

I seriously considered allowing Amanda to submit my hair to Locks of Love for me when she offered to do so, but then I remembered how excited Adriaan has been about giving my hair to help a little girl who is sick.  That will be a good project for tomorrow...or in a few weeks when we put up our "path to valentines day, what is real love anyway!?" 

I haven't reached my new year's resolution fitness goals but I do think it's fun to say that I lost 10 inches in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment