Monday, December 20, 2010

Mama-Ado Date

Our whole family is so thrilled with a gift from my mom (aka Gramma Jackie) - A family pass to the Austin Children's Museum!  Adriaan and I went this morning, just the two of us, and we call that a "Mama-Do Date."

The museum is downtown and it takes less than 10 minutes to drive there and then another 10-20 minutes to find parking.  I was having a hard time this morning finding a spot and then asked Adriaan to pray with me that God would provide a parking place.  After we prayed, Ado said "I think God is leading us on his path."

I soon discovered another parking garage who offers a discount to museum members and we found a prime spot right away.  Before we got out of the car we thanked God for hearing and answering our prayer!

We had a great time at the museum, it was my first time there.  Adriaan has been twice before and was happy to show me around.  What makes the Museum pass even better is that our good friends also got a pass for the year.  We'll be meeting there often for play dates and home school outings.

Our trips downtown may also provide frequent opportunities to trust God to answer our prayers for parking!  I have to remind myself that it's important to be an example to Ado and show him how to trust God for little things.  We'll get to have lots of conversations about how God answers prayer.


Thanks so much mom/Gramma Jackie! 

Before our date to the Children's Museum



No comments:

Post a Comment