Saturday, November 12, 2011

5+2+2=9


We celebrated all the kids' birthdays today with a small group of family and good home cooking!  I made beef stew seasoned with thyme from the garden, served over mashed potatoes with rosemary from the garden.  We had green beans (from the store) and broccoli greens from the garden.

I made the little shirts they're wearing and may make it a tradition for as long as they are willing to wear a shirt with their new age.  It's a pretty exciting thing, so I'm hoping to get a few years out of it.  I didn't buy anything special, it's all re-claimed.  I printed out the numbers to use as a pattern and then cut up old t-shirts in two colors, one slightly larger than the other.  Then, I pinned it to the shirt and did my best to neatly sew around the number.  I also made the tutu Eden is wearing, not visible in this picture.

After the party, Adriaan and friends along with their dads went on a camping trip.  They had a wonderful time!


Back in October, on the actual day of the twins' b-days we went to Mueller lake park as a family to celebrate.  We played, ate a picnic and Adriaan who had just learned to ride his bike sans training wheels had space to bike around.  The twins and I followed, trying to keep up but getting distracted by ducks, geese and other kids doing fun things.

No comments:

Post a Comment